The Thomas Munson Foundation Scholarship Fund, Inc., termed “The Fund,” is a separate non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, and maintains a scholarship endowment which is sustained by tax-exempt contributions from members and non-members, interest on endowment investments, and willed bequests. Members of the Thomas Munson Foundation are also members of The Fund. Each year up to three internship stipends are awarded to selected applicants who meet the criteria, which include tracing their ancestry to Thomas Munson or any of the other signatories to the Fundamental Agreement at New Have, Connecticut, dated 1639. The internship award funds can be used to cover expenses, such as room and board, incurred during an internship.
Download the 2023 internship stipend application here. Applications are accepted throughout the calendar year because of variable timing of internships. Deadlines for submittals are:
1) December 1 for 1st Quarter (January 1 to March 31) internships;
2) March 1 for 2nd Quarter (April 1 to June 30) internships;
3) May 1 for 3rd Quarter (July 1 to September 30) internships; and
4) September 1 for 4th Quarter (October 1 to December 31) internships.
The application includes:
• The next deadline. We consider only complete applications that meet this deadline.
• An internship stipend application and instructions for completing it.
• Information on documenting descent from Thomas Munson or another signatory.
To learn more about the internship stipend program, please contact:
James Markello, Jr. TMFSF President
Dave Weaver, TMFSF Scholarship Awards Committee Chairperson
Board of Directors of the Thomas Munson Foundation Scholarship Fund
James Markello, Jr, President (Ephraim – TX)
Mark Munson, Vice President (Ephraim – PA)
Karen Weaver, Secretary (John – IN)
Ross Markello, Treasurer (Ephraim – MA)
Dave Weaver, Scholarship Awards Chairperson (John – IN)
Shelby Anderson, At-Large (Lizzie – CA)
Jill Hunting, At-Large (Joel – CA)
David A. Munson, Legal Advisor (Wait – TX)